Current Time On The Rock

Friday, August 21, 2009

"Valley At Glasgow"

 

My mode of transport today much different than the Gallions that plyed these waters in the early 17th and 18th centuries looking for the cod and finding it so plentiful they used buckets to hoist there catches. Times have changed. In the very distant right is Grassy Island where a fortress once stood and where many a cod was salted on flakes and many a boat from Europe visited these waters. History not as old as the kayak's but as intriguing to me. At Glasgow Head today I helped Matt with his roll.We had much success. I was proud of his quick learning abilities but I sometimes think that MAtt has gills some where on him anyways. LOL I bet when this boat was being made in Scotland there was no idea that it would be paddled in a very distant Glasgow with a name derived from British Ancestors, plying over the waters where rusted cannon balls and cannon lie and where remnants as artifacts remain to vilify a life gone past but truely not forgotten.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: