Current Time On The Rock

Saturday, January 09, 2010

"Snow Lessons"


Well if you can learn something new every time you go for a paddle it kind of enhances the paddling experience for me and if not that, then at least the stories are livlier.
Today I found out that when I padle head on into a snow squall my eyes hurt like hell and couldn't adjust to the beating. Now I have paddling into what seemed like torrential rains and never felt the same annoyance or pain on the eyes. This face must have been the one I paddled with all the way to Portugal Cove and was relieved to be able to turn around and head back to St Philips and let the snow pelt the back of my head.

2 comments:

Snow In Kendall said...

in Indonesia kayak is a popular sport :)

Brian Newhook said...

I know what you mean. I got out for a few hours on friday, and at times I wished I was wearing ski googles.