Current Time On The Rock

Friday, July 17, 2009

"Quidi Vidi Summer"

 

Quidi Vidi looks quite quaint in the summer time. More times than not my postings of it are foggy, drizzly, windy or wintery, today however was summery. In Newfoundland this year we are having the most spectacular weather. Call El Nino or La Nina responsible, even though we are not in the pacific,we'll take it. Now add to this towering bergs in Twillingate and whales now around our coasts, it sure makes for spectacular paddling. Oh well it sure sucks being on call right now though at work. Rain for the weekend forecast....I can dig that.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

kayakr said...

Hi Stan!

I havent considered Newfoundland as a paddling destination to me before. Seems like I have to reconsider :) Great inspiration, thx for sharing your experiences.

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

I think you'd be pleasantly pleased. At least this summmer.

Stan

Tony said...

You're on call Stan and I'm off to Glovertown for a wedding. I was thinking of taking my boat to have a short paddle beforehand and just slip a tie over my drysuit. Sherry wasn't impressed so I'm not getting a paddle this weekend.

As for Nfld being a paddling destination - I think one of the top world paddling destinations as we have it all except maybe having to deal with tides and tidal races.

We'll be back on the water soon!

Tony :-)