Current Time On The Rock

Thursday, July 02, 2009

"The Kayak-arazzie"



It's a balance most times. Being in the kayaking moment and missing that photo moment or being in the photo moment and missing that kayaking moment. A delicate balance because I enjoy both. We are ever more prevalent than before however. Everyone has a camera everywhere.


It's more than just a photo to me and most likely to most. It is a memory, a thousand words and more, that conjures up dormant smells and sounds only roused by a quick glance at that shot , that image snapped not so Long or even very long ago.


It does not have to be complicated, theatrical, choreographed, even of high or good resolution, as, sometimes an image, just has to be, to invoke the meaning and feelings it can. That's what I like about photos sometimes the more decrepit, unorthodox, lousy picture will instill the most emotion. But more than anything I love that I was there and I like being reminded of that when I look back on my shots because I am taken back to that moment and some days that is all I want, some days that is all I feel I have!

3 comments:

Silbs said...

You said it, Stan, and you said it well.

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

Yes Silbs with your talent I can only imagine your memory recall.

Stan

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

Yes Silbs with your talent I can only imagine your memory recall.

Stan