Current Time On The Rock

Sunday, May 10, 2009

"Nordkapp, Maiden Voyage"

 

Her maiden voyage was today as she touched salt water for the first time. Though not the first time on it. All the way from Britain to the USA and then to me in Newfoundland and now her own bottom is wet with the waters she has crossed to be here on the other side of the Atlantic. We were all expectant as it turns out, not mothers mind you, but expecting a super paddle......and indeed it was. She is a Nordkapp for now and always but I am thinking of a name to give her. Any ideas let me know. There may just be a prize in it for you. Black Tide, Black Pearl, Wave Stealer, Wave Healer, Wave Dancer, Ocean Scuttler, Reef Hopper, Black Matter whatever the name the boat is a great piece of work.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How about Dark Star?

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

I like that!

Alison Dyer said...

black?

stealth star!

oh, and for goddess' sake, get yourself some neon bright clothing :)
alison

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

I like Stealth Star also....

Counting on my horse teeth smile...:-)

Anonymous said...

Soul Companion, H20 Enterprise (in light of the new Star Trek movie), Ocean Pearl (a 54-40 song), Tide and Seek...

gnarlydog said...

wow, your Aquanaut looks very sexy in black.
Nobody around here can have a black boat: it would melt in the sun. Really, it would. At 32C degrees and the strongest sun on earth I think black just does not mix.
I have a Nordkapp LV in pastel green. Named it "Sialuk" (Inuit for raindrop)http://www.flickr.com/photos/gnarlydog/3415723989/in/set-72157600524255302/

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

Nice touch with "Sialuk" I guess I should really dig deeper into the ancestory. Thanks for the idea. Gnarlydog.


Stan