Current Time On The Rock

Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Bonavista Bay"




What a view I had in Dungeon Provincial Park for my first night in Bonavista. Friday the 15th of May our Victoria Day long weekend and I set out for a kayaking trip around part of northern NFLD. The wind was howling at about 60km and more as I set up my tent but what a sleep I had. The wind and the pounding surf lulled me into the freshest slumber I had in a while. I woke at 0530h with the sun to prepae to paddle Cape Bonavista.

Saturday afternoon I was quite tired waiting for the wind to drop so I could paddle out to one of the biggest icebergs I've seen in Melrose, about 15 minutes from Bonavista. Found an isolated dirt road and set up my hammock for another great siesta. Woke at three and headed for Melrose. For that monstrous Berg. Pictures of the berg, the sea cave and other berg shots I'll post over the next couple of days. Simply an excellent spot in NFLD.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful spot.I will have to add this to my trip in a few weeks.

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

I think you'd enjoy it Lee.

Stan