Current Time On The Rock

Friday, August 13, 2010

"The Finches"


WE love birds and Finches are a joy to watch. A bit timid but when feeding they are determined and a beautiful little thing. I guess sometimes when you want to view something closer and clearer you have to "chum the waters", so to speak.


I find the Red House Finch more finicky than the others.


The red House Finch which is the male and the Yellow male American Goldfinch and to the far right is the femaleHouse Finch. The males sporting the fine plumage are very colorful and more agressive on the feeder.



I tried getting this littl fellar for days as they are very timid the Red House Finches and quick. The look on this guys face shows that he is still not to sure about the situation. I took the screen out of the kitchen window and opened the vinyl window all the way, parked my tripod and camera in the sink and waited. They still new I was very much there. The Yellow Finch way more comfortable though.



Yes, Yes, I'm still looking at ya. Here's lookin' at you babe!

3 comments:

Silbs said...

I nominate the pic of the guy from the rear (atop the page) for best of the year. Love it.

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

That one is quite a character actually. The pudgy one of them all and always seems to be caught in the funniest positions. Thanks Silbs, one of my favs too.

S.

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

That one is quite a character actually. The pudgy one of them all and always seems to be caught in the funniest positions. Thanks Silbs, one of my favs too.

S.