Current Time On The Rock

Friday, May 21, 2010

"Paddling Modes"


I just thought I'd follow Sean a bit on our outing in St. Philip's on Thursday Night. The wind was howling and gusting up to about 30kt SW. A land breeze I guess. We were just exercise paddling I think. Exerting energy for the fun of it. Practising squares, triangles and every other angle into the malestrom. Sometimes even paddling backward gave better progress. Go figure!


Sometimes dipping in troughs....


executing extended paddle turns in the wind.....


my stealthy presence goes undetected. I certainly could not be heard, the wind was too loud for that. It was just sweet to be on the water no matter what was flying in our faces.

1 comment:

Sean Dawe said...

I thought I felt the hair on the back of my neck standing up - like it does when you know that someone is watching you!! (Cue the Twilight Zone "do do do doo" music now)

Some nice action shots as always.

Sean