Current Time On The Rock

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Pouch Cove, Newfoundland"

 Tony and I were off for another adventure today. We decided to put-in at Pouch Cove and paddle to Bauline on the opposite side of the Avalon Peninsula today rounding Cape St. Francis in the process. It was very confused waters from Pouch all the way to Cape St. Francis but once we rounded the cape we were treated to some fine paddling into a light head wind that soon picked up intensity with gusts and persistent rain. Just the right conditions for an excellent day on the water. About an 18km paddle. I always like to do something on remembrance day to challenge myself, a bit of an offering of sorts and my way of remembering those who fell and those who did not. When I was a scout I used to lay a wreath for my grandfather but as I got older I settled for the privacy of my own way and my own thoughts.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: