Current Time On The Rock

Thursday, March 20, 2008

"ThermaCELL Update"

I received an email from ThermaCELL marketing that I think it is only appropriate that they have every opportunity to rebutt to my gear review, however what I did find interesting is that they were somehow alerted to this by Google. I thank however ThermaCELL for their their prompt attention to this review and will continue to use this product with greater peace of mind based on the more concise information. Kind Regards.

"Hi Stan:
Google alerted us to your write up on ThermaCELL. We are glad the unit is working well for you. Based on your blog, I wanted to answer a few questions you bring up.

All products using Allethrin as the active ingredient are required by EPA to put these fish and aquatic organism toxicity warnings on their labels even if the product is being used in a way that does not pose a risk. This labeling requirement on the ThermaCELL package is information related to manufacturing and/or transportation concerns where much larger amounts of the active ingredient are being used.
The amount of active ingredient in the ThermaCELL mat (0.08 oz) is very small. This active ingredient when exposed to the environment is easily broken down in a matter of hours to non-toxic forms. Even if a pad accidentally fell into a pond or lake, and disintegrated, the amount of water in the pond or lake will easily dilute and degrade the active ingredient to a very low level that will not be toxic to the fish.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions or concerns.

Best,
Allegra


Allegra Wechsler Lowitt
Vice President of Marketing
The Schawbel Corporation / ThermaCELL
100 Crosby Drive, Suite 102
Bedford, MA 01730
p: 781-541-6900f: 781-541-6007e: allegra@thermacell.net"

5 comments:

Kristen said...

They used "Google Alerts" on you - fairly standard for companies. Type in your company name, product names, etc, and you'll get e-mails from Google throughout the day alerting you to whenever someone's written about you. Very handy ;)

Stan Mac Kenzie said...

Thanks Kristen didn't know. Sort of felt like I was busted or something and didn't know what for. Sounds like a useful tool though.

Stan

KeithTax said...

My bride picked ThermaCELL up today at Menard's. It was recommended by an acquantance.

The mosquitos are unreal this year so I hope it works. The garden is impossible even with bug spray.

After seeing the package warning I thought I'd do a little Google search and found your blog most relavent. Thank you for the info It puts my mins at peace.

KeithTax said...

My bride picked ThermaCELL up today at Menard's. It was recommended by an acquantance.

The mosquitos are unreal this year so I hope it works. The garden is impossible even with bug spray.

After seeing the package warning I thought I'd do a little Google search and found your blog most relavent. Thank you for the info It puts my mins at peace.

Anonymous said...

Thank you fоr ѕhагing
your info. I reallу apprecіаte yοur
efforts and I am waіting for your neхt ωrіte ups
thanks once аgаіn.
my web site > Aquamarine Rings